My IIM CAP 2020 Interview Experience

Hello everyone.

Today, I'm sharing my IIM Common Admission process interview experience from CAP 2020.

Image result for cap 2020

I got a WAT-PI call from the following IIMs:

  • IM Bodh Gaya
  • IIM Jammu
  • IIM Ranchi
  • IIM Raipur
  • IIM Sambalpur
  • IIM Sirmaur
  • IIM Tiruchirappalli
  • IIM Kashipur
  • IIM Udaipur


Venue: Chennai. IIM Trichy Center in Chennai.

Date: 11th February 2020.

Profile:

CAT Percentile: 96.35
Work experience: None. Fresher.
Computer science engineering.
General, Engineering, Male

Number of panellists: 2

WAT topic: B-schools should focus on developing employability more than teaching entrepreneurship.

The interview panel had two members.

The interview began without any formal introductions or any usual questions like tell us about yourself etc.

M1 started by asking me where I am from and my stream.
Answered to the point. Did not get much chance to elaborate.

M2 started picking up courses from my transcript and asking questions as to what I learnt in those courses. This was like a rapid-fire round. He quickly jumped from one course to the other.
After about three different courses, he seemed satisfied.

M2: You know about the recent Delhi elections? (rhetorical question) What is the sampling method used during exit polls?
Ans: I am not entirely sure, but I would guess that it is some form of Normal distribution.
M2: No, I am asking which sampling is used.
Ans: I am not sure sir.

M1: So, tell us about your city.
Answered.

M1: If you were to improve your city, how would you go about doing it?
Ans: There are a lot of congested markets. My first plan of action would be to eliminate those. (wanted to mention more points but was cut off)
How? Do you think these things would not have been tried by the government?
Yes sir, they would have. But there is always some corruption and a lack of motivation in the bureaucracy when it comes to negotiating relocation with shopkeepers.

M2: Here's a scenario: Say you have two advertisements prepared by two of your marketing teams. They both are for the same product, highlighting the same features. How would you choose one of the two?
Ans: The usual approach is to have two sets of people sample the advertisement and then take their opinions and aggregate those. Further elaborated on this.

M1: Which Indian dynasty had their capital in your hometown?
Answered.

M1: How about the names of prime ministers from your home state (UP)?
Ans: I am not aware of this information.

M1: Presidents?
Ans: Do not know sir.

M1: Who is the current president of India?
Answered.

M1: Who was the first president?
Answered.

M1: 2nd president? Can you name all the presidents of India?
Ans: No sir. I will have to confess, my knowledge in this field is limited to preliminary information.

Alright, thank you.

My thoughts:

The interview seemed to be fine. Although, there was a lot of extracurriculars, positions of responsibilities and a variety of experiences that I had which I could not showcase in the interview.
The interviewers did not really go through the documents in my dossier.

If you have any questions, leave them below in comments. Share this article with any CAT/MBA aspirants who could benefit from it.
Hope this helps you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creatine: Should you take it? Dosage, advantages and myths debunked

Review: Sinew Nutrition Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 79% Unflavoured